ESCAPEN’STEIN was the first prototype I made in the EAE Master’s Degree program! A build can be downloaded and played on its itch.io page!
- Primary Vision Holder - Created and Assigned Tasks - Mechanics, Narrative, & Level Design - Implemented Scripts & Behaviors to Assist Engineers
Barely afloat is a game made at the 2015 Global Game Jam, and features the story of a child and her beloved stuffed animal trying to escape a sinking ship. Barely Afloat was even featured in a 2017 PC Gamer article after publication on itch.io! More information and a download link can be found at its itch.io page.
- Solo Project - Designed Mechanics, Systems, and Encounter - Programmed Entirety of Game - Created UI & Art Assets - Created SFX
Bullet Boss is a senior thesis project developed in spring of 2016. It's a fully realized bullet hell game featuring only a single boss fight, but with innovative and formula-disrupting bullet patterns. Bullet Boss is available to be played here. (In-browser HTML5 and stanadalone builds available.)
- Co-Producer - Mechanics & Level Design - Managed Team Using Scrum & Agile Methodologies - Pitched & Presented Game - Created Marketing Materials
Spylander is a game based on the classic arcade game known as Lunar Lander. I was part of a 6-person team of graduate students in the EAE Master’s Degree program. An HTML5 build can be found on it’s itch.io page!
- Mechanics & Level Design - Pitching & Ideation - Programmed Entirety of Game - Managed Project
Jacob's Ladder is a 2D puzzle platformer developped during a 12-hour Unity game jam with the Cincinnati Game Developer's Association. A web build, window's build, and mac build can be found here. (Web Build requires Unity Web Player)
Pokémon Bullet Hell
- Mechanics & Level Design - Scripting & Programming of Modular Assets for Other Engineers - Managed 4-Person Team
Pokémon Bullet Hell is a top-down bullet hell-style shooter made by a 4-person team as a semester project. A browser-based version of Pokémon Bullet Hell can be played here.
- Mechanics & Level Design - Created & Assigned Tasks - Provided Creative & Narrative Direction
FluffyDark is a game produced at the 2014 Global Game Jam about a couple of young girls trying to escape a forest. By switching the character with the a single keystroke, players are forced to use a simplistic set of mechanics to solve increasingly complex problems. FluffyDark can be downloaded here. (Requires XNA framework)
Hard Reset is a game about a man, a computer, and a button that was developed during a 2-hour game jam by Aaron Albert and myself. Aaron created art assets and wrote the dialogue. A web build of Hard Reset can be played here.